So many things have happened since my last post. I am now taking my last course in the non-licensure Reading track of Regis' Master's in Education. I anticipate to graduate in August. The program has steered me into the right direction of reading and literacy. If Regis has a doctorate program in Reading and Literacy, I would have stayed. After I graduate in August, I will be starting my doctoral studies at Concordia University Chicago through their online program. I can't wait!
I have organized the first Reading Clinic at our school's summer camp. The goal of the Clinic is to help our students with reading difficulties. I will be using the Wilson Reading Program.
A nonprofit agency also approached me to create a writing curriculum for middle-school aged youth who have found a home at the Nashville Rescue Mission. The curriculum that I designed is a synthesis of the knowledge and experiences of my Regis education. I know that it is God's will that brought me to Regis.
And to top it all, I have been nominated and chosen as Educator of the Week last week by a local ABC affiliate here in Nashville. I wasn't expecting such "award."
I am so humbled. I am merely an instrument of God. To God be the glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment